years of experience in targeting users to drive traffic to specific company websites
Organizing Social Media Marketing
Integrating social media with your website is a great way to increase brand awareness, drive traffic, and engage with your potential consumers. Because people of all ages spend an average of two hours and twenty-four minutes daily on one or more of six or seven of the largest social networks, utilizing social media will provide you with maximum impact that enhances your company or service messaging.
Eighty-four percent of the U.S. population of 18 to 29 year olds use social media, followed by eighty-one percent of users, aged 30 to 49, every single day. And according to AARP, forty-three percent of adults 50+ report using social media daily for brand research. Chances are the products or services you are selling fall somewhere in one of those age groups. Are you missing your chance to impact them?
Here are some tips on how you can integrate social media into your website in a way that will help you achieve your sales and marketing goals:
- Place social media “buttons” in a prominent location on your website, such as the header, footer, or sidebar. This is the most basic and impactful form of social media integration, and it’s also one of the most important. Make sure to include buttons for all the social media platforms that you are active on.
- Embed social media feeds on your website. This is a great way to keep your website visitors up to date with your latest social media posts, keeping them on your site and exposed to your targeted marketing content much longer. You can embed feeds from all of your social media platforms, or you can choose to embed a specific feed, such as your Facebook or your Instagram feed.
- Allow users to log in to your website through their social media accounts. This is a convenient way for users to get into your site without having to fill out a registration form, give an email address, or phone number. It also makes it easy for users to share what relevant content or information they find on your website, with their social media friends or followers.
- Run social media giveaways, contests, or product sales on your website. This is a great way to generate excitement and interest in your brand. You can offer prizes such as gift cards, a percentage off products or services. But be sure to promote these giveaways, contests, or percentage off sales on all your social media channels to reach a wider audience and drive more users to your website.
- Use social media to announce the availability of specific products, to enhance the awareness of newly published content, to promote any company “news”, special offers, or events on all your social media channels. This too will drive more users to your website.
Consistent Marketing Promotion
When integrating social media into your website, you will need to make sure that it is consistent with your overall website design, marketing, and branding strategies. The social media buttons and feeds should match the look and feel of your website. The messaging should all be the same.
Mixed or inconsistent messaging is confusing and can turn potential customers away from buying your products or using your services. Displaying consistent, reliable messaging is essential throughout all of your social media sites, your website, and your traditional advertising outlets.
As with the images on your website, high-quality images and videos are also critical in your social media posts. Grainy or blurry images are difficult to see and comprehend. You want all your photos, images, or videos to be visually appealing and engaging to users who are searching for your company and its products or services.
Your website content should always include a Call to Action and a USP or Unique Selling Proposition. So should the content on all your social media sites. And the content should be short and to the point. Long sentences and paragraphs will turn off users faster than you can say “Abracadabra!” Include quick sentences to drive them to your website, such as “visit our website now” or “click here to check out today’s specials.”
As for your USP, it should be a clear and concise statement of the specific benefits that customers can expect to get by choosing to do business with your company. It is what makes your company or product stand out from the competition. A strong USP is essential for any business that wants to be successful. It helps to attract customers, build brand loyalty, and increase sales.
It should not just be your slogan or tagline. It should be a core part of your company’s brand and marketing strategy. A reflection of who you are and what you do. And a USP should be consistent in everything your company does, from its products and services to its advertising and customer service.
And speaking about customer service, if you receive questions about your company’s products, comments, or reviews on your social media sites, be sure to respond quickly. A good review deserves a thank you. A question needs to be answered. Concerns need to be addressed. You will be surprised how many users become so much more engaged with your business when you reply and show that you value their feedback.
In short, integrating the power of social media into your website is one of the best ways to improve your online marketing efforts, attain maximum impact of your advertising and online strategies, and achieve your business goals. It is just another necessary element when it comes to ways to engage users, to spark their interest, and to get them to go to your website to buy.